Thread: Abortion
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2014, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
Every single moment of every single day, civilized cultures deny people the "right" to kill other people. That's why we have laws against murder. This is NO different. Once the process has gone far enough that a fertilized egg has implanted and let the body know that there is now a viable pregnancy, nothing further needs to be done save the appropriate amount of growing time. At that point, you have a soul, you ARE a person. It doesn't take leaving the womb to become human. As far as the hope/dreams/friends/enemies argument goes, a 15 year old has more of those than a 10 yr old, a 10 yr old has more than a 5 yr old and a 5 yr old has more than a 1 yr old, that's just a product of experience. If I say that my life is more important than someone who has simply had less time to explore the world that's me saying some lives matter more than others and that's exactly the attitude that led to the Holocaust. If you aren't prepared to be a parent, then you don't have to be, there are lines of people waiting to adopt that child and give them the love, home and family that you for whatever reason aren't able to give. Just please, please, please, give some thought to giving just a few short months of time to let that precious little person have a chance to go enjoy all the things of this world that you get to enjoy because your parents thought that you were worth that. There are many, many organizations that help with the financial, physical and emotional support that someone might need to get through that period of time. Every single life is important and we are all able to even have this argument because our mothers thought that. I know that I can't be the only person who feels this way. Someone reading this right now is an adopted child who is thankful every day that they were given a chance, someone reading this is an adoptive parent who is grateful for a biological mother out there who gave of herself to see that the precious child they get to enjoy every day was saved, and someone out there who is reading this decided against the odds, against every instinct they had to not see it through, DID decide to stay the course and is grateful every single day of their lives for the cherished son or daughter that almost wasn't. I know that some of you are going to vilify me, and if that's the way it has to be, then so be it, it isn't about choice or lack of, it is about precious human lives and sometimes someone has to stand up for those that can't stand up for themselves. (Oh my...does anyone want to talk about music again?
Well how many adopted children wish they were never born? If life is such a gift how come soo many people are unhappy? Tit for tat - ****t for shatt

This discussion reminds of the movie Citizen Ruth - watch the absurdity.