View Single Post
Old 05-11-2020, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
It WAS supposed to be a FM record, except for you know who refusing to participate(THIS is the legacy she left the band with).

It's every bit as much a FM record as SYW. I far prefer it! Christine always added the sweetness that made FM work. SYW had none of that. SYW is dark and depressing to my ears. BuckVie is fun pop! I love it. I'm thankful to have it as their swan song(again, a record from all 5 would have been better, but we know where the blame lies).

Too bad Christine didn't stand up for her musical partner of 42 years. #nospine #chaiseloungechristine #sheaintnosuperwoman
You can blame Christine, but we don't know what she said or did behind the scenes. Maybe she did stand up for Lindsey and they just didn't listen. Besides, sure, she could say "Lindsey's in or I'm out" and they could have called her bluff and decided to disband Fleetwood Mac altogether.

Back to the album. Definitely is fun pop - except for songs like Love is Here to Stay and Game of Pretend, I wouldn't call them fun, they're a bit more serious. I still like Say You Will, yes a lot of it is depressing but I always found the title track very uplifting.