View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfRhiannon View Post
I seriously doubt that. It's possible the interview was conducted before the announcement, or that the band as a whole have decided not to make any individual comments until they are ready to announce whatever is going to happen, album, tour, both...or whatever the next chapter will be. It's also possible she talked about these things at length and Liz Rosenberg or someone in that office had the NYT excise those comments pending an announcement.
I just find it so weird that Mick confirmed Christine's return weeks ag0, then confirmed the band is going into the studio in March. With all the press Stevie has done lately for American Horror & such, she's never once brought up Christine or a new album. It's bizarre. When she was asked straight up by an interviewer at the Grammy's, she mentioned she's doing a bunch of different things the next 4 months. Nothing about Christine, nothing about a new album. I just don't get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashingDan View Post
"A condensed and edited version of our conversation follows." Who's to say what was left on the cutting room floor. By all accounts, she's a bit of a chatterbox.
Yeah, but wouldn't news from Stevie's mouth about Christine rejoining the band & them starting studio work next month trump anything else she could possibly say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
What happened to her and Lindsey being in the best place they have ever been!? First it was Mick and I are bff's, then it was Lindsey and I are bff's, now it's back to Mick. Weird.
This is the most bi-polar band in the world.
Right? I get the feeling she & Lindsey are having difficulties again. She's stopped mentioning him in the press, and now she's suddenly extolling the virtues of Dave Grohl, and how she wants to go out on the road with him. Just like the times when she was all about Tom Petty (2006), then Dave Stewart (2011).

All this begs the question- is Stevie not on board with going back to the Mac this year? Does she not want to record with them again, or tour with them again so quickly since they just toured last year? Was Mick's comment about "most of the band going into the recording studio next month" actually referencing Stevie, and not John like we all assumed?