View Single Post
Old 08-08-2020, 11:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
How nice. Always great to hear from Stevie. I even like the Stevieisms, like "slightly euphoric." (I am passionately noncommittal about Stevieisms. I find them extravagantly nondescript.)

Applying a little explication de texte here, I think even her rambly syntax and word choice betray something deeper and darker - about herself. This seems like classic projection in a clinical sense, but what does it mean? A 72-year-old with a lifelong little-girl outlook on the world is not surprisingly having intimations of her own mortality, but I think these references to guilt and regret and being "destroyed" indicate something really, really deep and dark. They aren't just arbitrary diaryspeak. She is a fascinating person and a transcendent, generous artist, and yet Stevie is unsettled in her castle. She is not at peace, I think.

"If we don't get ahead of this now, we will live with such guilt and regret that it will destroy us."

That isn't an Old Testament, prophet-from-the-hills moment. Stevie is talking about herself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
She was born in the hospital
so she knows how it feels there......
Macfan you caused me to literally spit out my tea

David, are you suggesting she is merely expressing her deep fear of death, or that perhaps she has regret for what she has done re: Lindsey and the band??