View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 09:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
It isn't even the best film to ever come out of Fellini, let alone Italy!

Think of all the great work from De Sica, Rossellini, Antonioni, Visconti, the Taviani brothers, & my favorite Bellocchio!

I can't think of anything else to say that would be appropriate for using yet another exclamation point!

How are you today, Dani?!!!!!!
I was about to say the same thing!

Though you forgot Bertolucci!

What would be my pick for greatest movie to come out of Italy? L'Avventura! (Though when I was her age, my favorite was Shoeshine.)

As for appropriate hyperbole, I think one could argue this: 8-1/2 is the most beautiful black-and-white movie of the 60s!!!!

-----

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Had you not gone to college & studied Hollywood movies, post-colonialism, post-gender identity, post-modernism, post-marxism, post-Foucaultism, post-auteurism, post-Baudrillardism, post-Derridaism, & every other post-this-&-that theory, would you still consider "Stage Door Canteen" one of the "very greatest" movies of all time? Be honest!
Well, I don't know. I wouldn't be me. That said: Borzage was not one of the filmmakers we studied at my film school.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.