View Single Post
Old 02-03-2019, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
I agree with this. MC doesn't seem as "all in" to FM and continuing on. I understand what he said in the interview was quite to the contrary, but in reading the article a few times, I sort of inferred it. He's got the Dirty Knobs and has said the Heartbreakers will tour/regroup (I forget his verbatim there). As many have said before, FM doesn't have time on it's side, so if they don't get their post tour "Plans" together, I could absolutely see MC bowing out (and NF too)
I agree with your thoughts.

Fleetwood's 2019 tour is pretty piddly. They've done one or two shows so far, correct? And according to the website, here's what's on the tour docket from now through September:
  • Ten days in February
  • Thirteen days in March
  • Six days in April
  • May OFF
  • Six days in June
  • July OFF
  • Seven days in August
  • Eight days in September

That's about fifty shows. Nice work if you can get it. A nine-month tour of fifty shows. Pretty piddly. It doesn't exactly bespeak a band firing on all cylinders. Maybe it's supposed to be a part-time thing for the members at this point.

I predict that Fleetwood Mac will continue to tour at this anemic pace for another year tops. The new gents will move on, Stevie will go back to the other side of the mirror, Mick will foment some new financial venture and maybe a club or a pickup band, and Chris and John will be left standing on an empty rehearsal stage muttering. There's hardly any juice in the warhorse. The idea of a flowering of creativity—a renaissance of new music and new plans—is silly. This group is just an old cash cow and the milk is pretty thin. It's too bad because they might have tried some very cool new things this past year.

On the other hand, this is better than how most rock groups die.

moviekinks.blogspot.com