View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 09:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I agree about the BN photoshoot but I see no reason why the band should've not named the album Tusk or not done Come live just because Stevie didn't like it? That's not a great example of the band not caring about Stevie's feelings because those were ridiculous feelings to begin with. Things like that are just more examples of how Stevie has a childish side to her, can be quite petty and always has. However now, as you said, she's leveraged her monetary value to back that up, which is a big part of how what's happened happened.

And I think Lindsey would've objected. He objected to bringing in Sheryl Crow to take Christine's spot. And he objected to replacing John. And I'm not saying he would've objected because he cares about Stevie, but because he cares about the legacy of the band. That clearly was something that mattered to him.
I’m not saying all of her complaints were right or should have been followed. I’m just saying she has a long history of airing her feelings and not getting her way for it. Which is how you know this isn’t just about feelings, it’s about her monetary value which is actually being threatened for the first time in a very long time.
And in all honesty, I agree that Lindsey does care about the “legacy”. Not because he’s a saint or genuinely cares more about the fans than the others do, but because he knows the legacy is his biggest value. The way Stevie’s value is putting butts in seats and raising ticket costs. The biggest thing LB brings to the table is the nostalgic feelings you get from watching this legendary band of two feuding couples perform together. My mom (a diehard FM/Stevie fan since she was 13) first reacted to his firing with “Oh no, now we’re not gonna get all those dramatic Silver Springs moments anymore!” It wasn’t about missing his voice or his guitar playing for her. There’s other people who can sing well and play amazing guitar. I mean we’ve now replaced him two times and both times the final product of the replacements playing/singing wasn’t bad on the ears or a disgrace musically. What’s missing with LB “replacements” is the feelings and the rich history behind the performance. He knows that as well as we do. That’s why 20,000 people show up to see him sing Go Your Own Way and Second Hand News while staring right at Stevie as she sings back up, but only like a thousand people will show up to see the same guy do the same kick ass performance of the same songs on his own. It’s about the band’s (and more notably, the couple’s) history and the legacy. That’s what he brings to the table.
If the positions were switched and he was the one with all the monetary value and public notoriety, I doubt he would give a sh*t about anyone’s “legacy”. He has to care now because that’s what made him valuable to the band above anything else.