View Single Post
Old 09-01-2019, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I really enjoyed this thread. Today Sept 1 is the 30th anniversary of the show I saw in Pittsburgh Sept 1, 1989. I was a huge fan of the new album OSOTM but this was my least favorite Stevie concert. As I read all of this thread, my experience was very similar to others. I really did LOL to the reviews that said "Earth to Stevie, Earth to Stevie" and how they mentioned how slow she moved. The Pittsburgh Press actually asked her reps why she never moved and they responded that her foot was hurt and she was favoring it. It was my least favorite band she toured with too minus Russ Kunkel. It was late 80s and those synth keyboards on GDW were ear piercing even back then. I disliked her setlist and it was a certain mood the entire show. I also had the worst seats even though I bought them on the first day. Stevie was supposed to open her tour in Pittsburgh but something happened and the first date got delayed and the opener was in Detroit I believe. I knew something was wrong but tranquilizers never came to mind. She was zonked out completely. The Hooters did a great job. If you read the reviews on this thread, its pretty sad several of them stated the small band had more energy and put on a better show than the headliner.