View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 10:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Why not?? I wouldn't play all of her songs before the show, but they used to play Albatross before every show and I miss that. I wouldn't look askance if they played a Christine song and it wouldn't need to be the studio version of the song. Indeed, it would be better if it were not. If Lindsey did some acoustic versions of a couple of her songs and they played it before the concert, I would just about freak out.

Someone was mentioning how good the guitar sounded on Isn't it Midnight and I was thinking how integral Lindsey's guitar is to songs like YMLF. They could especially do an acoustic Mystified, since that's not just her song, but is heavily associated with her.

I don't think they're playing the same tape before every concert. I've heard different songs each time. There's an overlap, like I always hear Stephanie, but don't always hear other things. I think they must have several different tapes.

Michele
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
They wouldn't have to be the studio recordings, as Michelle said. I think it would be a nice acknowledgement to someone who was integral to the band's success and goes unrecognized otherwise in their shows. I was not a fan of Say You Love Me (and neither was Christine lol when she "confused" the song and commented on how they weren't pulling off You Make Loving Fun), but I still think Lindsey and Stevie could pull off a Christine song or two if they put the work in on the arrangement (which they clearly haven't spent much time on in the last decade before tours: revamping and re-arranging old songs).
Okay, THAT I agree with. That would, in fact, be awesome. I took the way you said that, earlier, betheblues, to mean you wanted to hear the original, album recordings. My bad

I'm with you too, on them pulling off any number of her songs, though, I still think most FM fans, and certainly casual fans, would make a stink about it no matter how they did it. Even now, a fair number of people are complaining about Don't Stop, which I've always enjoyed live.