View Single Post
Old 02-09-2006, 10:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots
Hi All!! I'm new to The Ledge. Been a lurker for a while now, but I finally signed up, and it took a while to get activated.

I've been a Fleetwood Mac fan since the white album came out in 1975, when I was a mere little girl. However, slipping ahead, I think I was the first person in New York to get the Tusk album back in 1979, I was sooo eager to hear their new work. I saw them at Madison Square Garden in November of 1979 too...so I'm a living witness to the Tusk tour.

I sooo wanted to be Stevie Nicks back in those days....the impossibly adorable turned up nose, the sexy, hippy rockster...in love and living a romantic drama with a beautiful Byronic music man who loved her, hated her, blessed with blue eyes, amazing lashes, and a guitar technique that could make a girl's knees shake. The White Album/Rumours period is the era I treasure; however, Tusk was a great period too. I almost burned off my hair, trying to emulate the perm Ms. N. had in those days. My nickname in school became "Stevie", and whenever I'd run into certain friends while walking down the hallways, they'd sing..."SARA!!! YOU'RE THE POET IN MY HEART!!!" As a fan, I've been in a love-hate relationship with Buckingham, because I felt that he went through a really big asshole period in the 80's. And sadly, I felt that after the Mirage album, or even The Wild Heart, I lost the Stevie I so adored to big 80's hair, bustiers and football shoulderpads...not to mention cocaine, but I wasn't aware of it at the time. However, since "The Dance", and after many tears and incredulous head shaking over the fact that these two have become the Buckingham/Nicks I so love again, I've returned to my FM fascination. I still marvel at Stevie's style and grace, and I lust for Mr. Buckingham and his intense guitar technique, and big blue eyes...even if the lashes have gone just a touch grey. I get a kick that he is such a spaz on stage, too.

I digress...back to the post at hand. Can I ask...where can I find a copy of the Tusk Documentary? I'd love to see this moment in sound mixing history, noted in the original post on this thread. In fact, I'd love to see that whole thing. Damn the industry for not having it out on DVD. Tusk has become somewhat of an iconic album.

Anyway, Nice meeting everyone! And I look forward to participating on this board.
Hello and welcome. Any of the traders on the board may have what you're looking for. I think some of the Tusk outtakes were posted on youtube recently also. You might want to check that out as well.