View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 02:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Fleetwood Mac at 21 discovered!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario View Post
Well, I can confirm the program "Fleetwood Mac at 21" was screened by BBC back in 1988 and that - thanks to R.Jim Greaves - I saved it to posterity on an old VHS tape.

Peter features on the first part of the story 1967/1970 and in his darkest/long fingernails days in Richmond.I'm also pretty sure that part of that interview is/was available on the Bob Brunning's book "Behind The Mask".

There is also a very short interview, probably from 1980/1981, where a much confused Peter,wearing sort of african clothes, talks about the "different kind of music" he had in mind......

I think that one of the shots taken during that interview ended up to be the picture sleeve of one of the many "Katmandu" LPs/CDs, titled "Guitar Hero"

Stay Green,

Mario
Yes, Mario - and thank you very much for saving it for posterity! -that sounds exactly like the bits of film I saw on Youtube. And yes, PG was wearing some kaftan-like blouse with a square neck and short sleeves, that is also on the cover of the Guitar Hero CD.

The film bit from in front of the house in Richmond seemed to me to be from around 1988, but I am not expert enough to be really sure. I must admit that watching it, I found it very wrong to film somebody/anybody (in this case PG) without their knowledge or consent, which was obviously the case here.

I wonder why some clips disappear from Youtube? A while back a clip of PG and Splintergroup from the ninetees - playing a version of Green Manalishi was taken of. It was not the version from the DVD "An Evening with...", and it was very good!
I don't quite understand which clips violate copyrights or whatever it is called in the music business, and which one that don't.

Who is this R. Jim Greaves?

Ms Moose