View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
But then there was that article done at the end of the American leg of their "On With the Show" tour where Stevie was vocally VERY unhappy, Mick was happy to see John and Christine getting along and chumming it up, but flabbergasted by the animosity between Lindsey and Stevie. He even quoted Christine who said their holding onto old wounds should have ceased years ago.

So I'm thinking the band WERE unhappy because the Americans were acting like spoiled hateful brats. What's so sad is that the Brits decided to honor the wishes of one of those brats over the other out of pure greed.

Would I have been happy had Stevie left instead of Lindsey? Not especially but truthfully I would not have been outright disgusted. She could go one and do her thing while the remaining four made new music. That, for me, as always made the difference. Both LB and SN are insufferably self-centered in different ways but only LB is open and urging of fresh creativity and musical growth. So, I can look past his often aloof media personality.
Same. I wouldn't be happy if Stevie left because I want all of them in the band, but creatively she's doing way less than Lindsey. And she has her magnificent solo career, so rich and full of packed arenas. I certainly wouldn't miss her at all.
But of course Brits had to think with their bank accounts instead of with their hearts and minds. And talents.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.