View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 09:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by markolas View Post
I was on a Belinda Carlisle kick for a while after not having listened to her in years. I'd forgotten how much I liked her voice. Been meaning to pick up both Real and A Woman and a Man. What was that French album she came out with awhile back?
The french album is called Voila and came out in 2o07. I don't have it but have heard it and I like! It's random but fun and just very unexpected from her.

Both Real and A Woman And A Man are good albums, a bit patchy but I think I'd give the edge to Real. Both albums had brilliant singles though - Lay Down Your Arms and Big Scary Animal (Real) and In Too Seep, Always Breaking My Heart and Love In The Key Of C (A Woman And A Man).

Honorable mentions have to go to Goodbye Day and Windows Of The World from Real - they're brilliant! I'll never understand how this album didn't do better. On the plus side, you'll be able to pick both of them up for very vheap prices on amazon marketplace or play trade.