View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

i've been thinking about this, sifting through all the bs in various different-slanted fan groups, trying to clean up outright slander, mocking and confusion.

as far as the fans trying to preach "all FM members matter" line? it's simple - it's a matter of wrong and right.

i as a LB fan might be way happier for both his [US] fans and ultimately his creative output and legacy if he doesn't waste another second touring greatest hits with FM. he gains. we gain.

but i'm sad for LB fans around the world who lost probably the only opportunity to see him solo - because the way he was planning intermingled tours, he could have easily done it - throw in a few solo dates in the UK, Europe, AUS. now they not only won't get him solo, but they were also robbed of the only opportunity they've had to see him live for the last decade or so, which was when FM was touring. so i'm sad for those fans. it would have been spectacular for them. and according to Rick, it sounds Christine was considering guesting at some of his solo shows, so there may have been some BuckVie songs thrown in there too.

i do admit this is easy for me to say, being a LB fan first, who is in the wrong. because it's fairly clear-cut and i don't need to try to delude myself and muddy the waters for others like trolls are trying to do. and you know what? i don't deny that bad stuff from LB's past we've heard about probably happened. in contrast, these people cannot accept the smaller thing being wrong with their favorite. it's bizarre.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"