Thread: A thought
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2002, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default True but.....

Quote:
Originally posted by Les

The tragedy is that whether or not Lindsey is able to fully recognize the value of his work, the record companies increasingly won't give the time of day to an artist who won't go gold or platinum....
What you say is absolutely true...but....you know what I think?...I think if ALL the major record labels are STUPID ENOUGH not to realise the undeniably incredible talents of this man, and the fact that if he's BACKED in the right way by the label he WILL go gold and platinum........then they don't DESERVE to have Lindsey as an artist in the first place.....it's not like he's just starting his career or something and he's desperate to find a label that will give him a try...he's been there, done that, got the grammy, got the lifetime achievement awards, and his FM albums have gone platinum more times than most record-label workers can count.......if he stopped playing another note right now it wouldn't really affect him financially....and he has WAAAAY MORE than enough money.......so here's what I think he should do.....put the finger up at any label which won't "give him the time of day" and go and release this work-of-art through his own record production company so that.....Gilby said it PERFECTLY...."it's out there for the WORLD to see...THAT'S the most important part."