View Single Post
Old 06-21-2018, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Ugh, I loathe it when people take the insult and turn it into the "I'm totally serious" version. The insult, while I can see how some could be offended... well, I usually don't make a federal case of it. It's just a variation of "You're crazy."

However, when it escalates to "I'm serious".... if someone really can sit there and act like they are 100% confident that they can accurately diagnose a complete stranger of a serious mental illness based on their internet posts....

Well, then they really have no clue about what goes into that kind of diagnosis, and no clue about what it really means to have a mental illness.

And that IS offensive.

Sorry.

(Mitzo, this isn't just directed at you. It's a VERY common thing to post and it just frustrates me how so many people are so very quick to say, in all seriousness, that they spot mental illness in their opponents and others.)
I was simply driving the point home. I do not know Elle and others here as people, just as posters. And they seem pretty unhinged since Linds got sacked.

You do not know what I know or do not know about mental illness. and this is an FM forum not the APA.