View Single Post
Old 05-01-2018, 02:30 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
Agree.

Also - this band is mostly in their 70's. They should do what they want when they want.
I'm just happy they still have the desire to play. None of them need the money, so the cash grab comments are pretty absurd.
They're like Bob Dylan or the Heartbreakers in that they do what they love.
That's been my feeling. They should do what they want and they don't owe me anything with regard to actions or explanations.

I'm just glad they're all still alive. Alive and willing to tour? Even better.

I don't get the cash grab talk either. Their ability to tour and make money doing this is reaching the end of its shelf-life; they should go ahead and make all the money they can while they can. The fact that in this stage of their lives and careers they can still pack arenas and get paid buckets of money to do it (rather than playing small venues or county fairs like all but the very tops of their generation)? More power to 'em.

If I knew how I'd insert that "Shut up and take my money!" meme here.

I honestly think some fans are losing more sleep and getting more worked up about this than Lindsey probably is. As much as some people seem to hate Stevie, you'd think they'd be relieved that they are now free to see him in smaller, more intimate venues and without having to hear her stories or "goat" singing.