View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 06:35 PM
Junior Ledgie

In my humble defense I never said Lindsey or Stevie didnt rock anymore. That was the other dude

I did say I felt that LINDSEY although still making AWESOME music, is not being as innovative anymore.

Now that could be down to the fact he doesnt have the budget to make complex records anymore. If that's the case, I understand.

I listened to In Your Dreams again. It's a good album but very flawed like Shangri-La. I dont care for the tune inspired by Twilight. And a couple of other ones feel half-finished to me. Otherwise I enjoy the album but I wouldnt put it up against Stevie's first two solo albums which are classics or near it.

I dont know how many people here have heard of Daniel Lanois but I would love for him to work with Lindsey or the Mac. He is the guy who produced U2'S Joshua, Achtung, Bob Dylan Oh Mercy, TIme Out of Mind, Wiliie Nelson Teatro, Emmylou Harris Wrecking Ball, or the latest Le Noise by Neil Young.

I love his production work. And he always seems to bring the best out of his artists. He is a musician and songwriter himself which I'm sure helps him with other artists. BTW his solo albums are true gems including Acadie. i highly recommend them or any of the records I mentioned that he produced to anyone. They're great freakin' albums