View Single Post
Old 05-11-2004, 09:13 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up
I really think that the verdict is a little premature. The quality is just not good enough to get the nuances.
This is very true. This show was recorded with my head between two speakers at the foot of the stage. (Great for a show experience, not so great for a recording!) I think alot of the muddiness that seems to appear during IKINW is not a good representation of how it came across. I encourage everyone to wait out for some more boots before totally dismissing how these songs sound.

As for my opinion of the new ones...it was 1 less than Mick led us to believe (Mick? Misleading us? No! ), but it still shook up the show considerably. I'm probably one of the more vocal fans when it comes to the setlist...I think it's a little embarassing that they stick to the same formula night after night after night. But with just these 5 songs, the changes impacted the whole show. It felt like a stronger set to me for some reason.

If they decide to put DLMDA back in the set (please!), I think they need to do a little bit more of an introduction to it. It seems the songs that they give a little background on get a better response.

I wish they wouldn't end the show with Don't Stop...I'd rather something more "unexpected" wrapped things up, like Farmer's Daugher for The Dance or Goodbye Baby last year. It just feels...anti-climactic to end it with something we all knew would be in there anyway.