View Single Post
Old 05-11-2004, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe
Just listened to the mp3s (courtesy of bluewhitefire, thank you very much) and just wanted to give my .02....
I listened to what I could. "Sara" sounds staid & even listless to me, like the carefully measured performances of it (in my opinion, a misreading) from 1988. Stevie approaches every song vocally these days with the same adagio moderato. If you electronically analyzed her sound wave, I'm sure you'd find a perfectly horizontal line. I can't help thinking that there's some sort of pernicious cause-&-effect relationship between her projection & the addition of the session players to the live mix in '87 (which is just about when she busted up).

"Not Wrong" sounds plodding to me, too -- I think because of Mick's drumming. It's all wrong. He plays the sixteenths on the hi-hat as if the band were doing "Dreams," instead of whacking on those toms in that quasi African way he used to. When you take the jungle beat out of "Not Wrong," what are you left with? "Dreams"?

It's too bad they dropped "DLMDA" because that is such a showcase for Lindsey's wicked guitar work. But dropping it (like Stevie refusing to put "Long Distance Winner" in her 1998 set list) seems yet another nail in the coffin of the CD release of "Buckingham Nicks."

moviekinks.blogspot.com