View Single Post
Old 02-06-2018, 06:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
thank you! that was exact impression i had when watching DR doc - he was walking on eggshells.
it's funny because all throughout the DR doc Stevie talks repeatedly about walking on eggshells around HIM.... the whole double album thing, and how nobody wants to say anything to him and upset him by saying they don't want the double album, and we want him to have all his dreams come true so everyone is tiptoeing around him.......

And truth be told, we have never been privy in any of the "making of" documentaries to how bad it really was between them in the studio. He was so miserable to her during Rumours but really more during Tusk. If you think they're gonna let you see that footage you're nuts. But it's there. He was often deliberately cruel and nasty and insulting and went out of his way to humiliate her in front of the band and recording crew. Even Richard has sort of acknowledged this in a very very careful vague sort of way, and Ken has talked about it, and even Carol in her book talks about how mocking and nasty he was to Stevie. Did she push his buttons too? Sure. But he really is much better at the nasty stuff than she is. So in DR her reluctance to totally open up to him and trust him with stuff is evident; their history makes her cautious. There's a scene where she's been at the mixing studio before him (Thrown Down I think) and he comes in and she says "I've been here about an hour and now you can just rip into it" and she says it trying to make a sort of joke but clearly expecting him to poop all over the mix she's worked on with Mark Needham. There's little clues all over that doc.

Let's suffice to say they tiptoe around each other.