View Single Post
Old 10-28-2016, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Hey louielouie2000, I really hope I am not suspended for flagging this up, but this quote of yours nearly had me choking on my Shreddies...

'As far as the festering malcontent around here; the Ledge has never, ever been a bed of roses. It's actually far more pleasant and peaceful now than it's ever been. Not that we can't strive for better. All the same, I am a big believer in letting this place be what it wants to be organically. There have been other sites over the years that tried to force certain mindsets; they didn't last'

louielouie2000, October 26th 2016
First of all, my comment was regarding the Fleetwood Mac section of the board. The Ledge has never forced its members to have blind allegiances to the band or its specific members as a condition of membership. Other websites over the years have banned or refused new membership of posters because they were critical of Stevie or whomever. We don't do that here.

It is important to know that the chit chat section is a privilege, though. Michele pays to own and spends her precious free time maintaining a Fleetwood Mac website; discussion of topics not related to Fleetwood Mac is not an inalienable right. We keep chit chat going because it's a nice place for members to bond over shared interests, and humanize one another. However, the political bickering had become counterintuitive to all of that. This is why politics were put on hold around here. The Ledge is worth more than one American election.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
I stand by my comment.

If one can't even express views at all, then what's
the use of this place?

But if I get suspended all I ask is to do it in an open
way. Let it be known publicly. And for how long.
Whether days or permanently. Not for my benefit,
but for the other members.

Your threat is much more troublesome than my
original post. Which in fact was quite tame. And if the
comments are deleted, I'd consider that a cowardly act.
My comment was tongue in cheek, just as your not so subtle boundary testing often is. But no, when anyone is suspended or banned, we do not disclose any of the surrounding information for public consumption. The Ledge is owned and run by a private individual; there is no bill of rights here.