View Single Post
Old 11-08-2016, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Thank you so much SNR! I should have checked i here sooner. I have thoroughly enjoyed your posts about this season. I can't seem to come across anyone else who's watching.

Yeah, I watched this on the FX website, where Kathy Bates meets the real butcher. Creepy as HELL. Even with Jessica Lange not around, I have to say I think this is their best season yet!
Yes, I enjoy talking about this seasons because it's the most interesting one since Asylum if I really have to be strict. It seems that the many fans who don't like this seasons are those who prefers Hotel and/or Coven. Coven at the time was an enjoyable change mind you, but it's not the best. Hotel is my least favourite.
However did you guys enjoy the backroung information about the famous Piggy man? The Polk son said it was his ancestor that transferred in Chicago to work as a butcher and then turned into a murderer because he became obsessed with the Butcher's. I searched back about the myth presented in the first season and it fits, he was said to be a butcher who transferred to Chicago for the Colombian Exposition and died in 1893 in a misterious accident. In my opinion this character will explored more in depth in future series.

I'm glad that Wes Bentley made his appearance in an almost ridiculous way, I want to see how the character he plays really is.

It was also interesting the little background information about the theets, about the Polks wearing necklaces made of theets as protection from the ghosts during the Blood moon. I didn't see if Angela Basset, Lee or Audrey have grabbed them, this could really help them. Also it's interesting to note that human teeth are the only part that can't be eaten by pigs, it seems. Creepy...

I also appreciated the little homage to Hostel, the scene where Sarah Paulson/Audrey gets her teeth extracted.

Do you guys really think Lee's confession was real or was it just a bluff? Or maybe it could even be both, in a twisted way, like Mason was killed by the ghosts and she let them or even traded Mason's life with something else. I just think it's too simple.

In the promo for the next episode I think I catched a glimpse of Taissa Farmiga, you can see two excursionist and one is a girl with very long ash blonde hair. Seems something very "The Blair Witch Project"-like:

Who do you think will survive? For now I place my bet on Angela Bassett.

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 11-15-2016 at 04:50 PM..