View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
I tend to believe that something is afoot. I don't know anything. But I don't believe in accidents or things just happening for the hell of it. I don't think Christine has just only recently decided to come out of seclusion to do a couple of interviews because there was nothing else to do. And I don't think she flew all the way to Hawaii just to work on her tan; indeed, she's had the past three years to do this while Fleetwood Mac was on hiatus and Mick and John were men at leisure. The timing is a bit... strange... especially now that Mick is perhaps busier than ever. And the real clincher... just look at her. I don't know what she has had done, but clearly she has undergone some kind of rejuvenation since her dog walking pics of several years ago. To put it another way, she doesn't look like a stereotypical moribund 70-year-old recluse who has retreated into the shadows and is merely waiting for the long, dark night. Her roots are touched up. She has a sparkle in her eyes. She's prepared herself for... something.

Perhaps one theory for her flying out to Hawaii is because Christine is seriously considering stepping back on stage in London. After not stepping on a stage in 15 years, she is probably terrified at the thought of stepping out in front of 20,000 people, so perhaps she is using Mick's gig as a low key way to shake off the cobwebs. Start off the grid. Start small. Start by playing simple blues shuffles. If she has a good experience, she would feel much better about performing in London. And it's not entirely impossible that she may also want to test drive a new song or two- songs that perhaps she may be thinking of recording with the band? On the other hand, it would be extremely disappointing if this gig in Maui is Christine's first and last foray back into the public eye.
Hmm, I never thought of it like that. You make some very good points.