View Single Post
Old 06-23-2012, 05:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
My father is a decade older than my Mother, and I never even thought about it if I'm honest. It doesn't affect their relationship (They leave that to everything else), and it's never affected my brother and I's upbringing. So I don't see an age gap being an issue, really. It isn't as though Lindsey's very affected by his age, after all.
completely with you Bee! my parents had an age gap of 30 years, had a great relationship, and i could never imagine better parents. so i guess the same as you i have a bit different perspective - and LB/KB age difference doesn't really look like that much to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
^Sometimes the age gap, if large enough, can be a real issue in a relationship. My best friend and her husband have 15 years between them. She said it wasn't a big deal at first, they were building a business and raising children. But, as the years progressed it became more apparent that they didn't share the same interests and had different views of the female role. Even though she loves him and has certainly appreciated the security and stability that attracted her to an older man initially, the generation gap only gets worse with time and in her prime she found herself feeling suffocated, lonely and married to an "old man."
it depends on two people, their interests, characters, outlook, tons of things... although the gap between 2 people may be generational, it seems that people you describe had other differences as well, that may or may not stem from their [really not that large] age difference.

in LB's case, he's an extraordinary man, with more energy than people half his age. i can't know anything about his marriage but he seems to be happy and keeps making and performing amazing music - and that's enough for me.