View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD View Post
It was GQ magazine and I have it around someplace. I saw it on the newsstands years ago and knew there was going to be something mentioned about Stevie. Wow what I total shock I had when I saw that one!
Yeah, here's what I found on a search, it's a copy from the article and another segment from the poster's comments:

Quote:
The following quote is taken from Don Henley's 1991 interview with GQ:

[Henley's prodigious romantic escapades would include an affair with Stevie Nicks, who] "I believe to the best of my knowledge became pregnant by me. And she named the [unborn] kid Sara, and she had an abortion and then wrote the song of the same name to the spirit of the aborted baby. I was building my house at the time, and there's a line in the song that says ‘And when you build your house, call me.''

Following the release of that issue of GQ, there was a Stevie mention in the Sunday Parade, where a reader wrote in and asked how Stevie responded to Don's statement. The answer was:

"Stevie Nicks, 43, won't comment on Henley's revelation, only replies that they 'remain friends'. But in the notes to her new 'Best of' album, the singer writes candidly of love affairs she has had with rock stars Mick Fleetwood, Joe Walsh, and Henley. 'Finally, after all those years', Nicks says, 'people have to understand why these songs were written and why I sometimes get so emotional on stage, why I sometimes burst into tears.'"

Stevie was also asked about the GQ comment in an interview with Mary Turner in 1994. She responded by saying Don had to make many an apologetic phone call.

Understandably, it's a very personal subject-- the only other time she has publicly referenced it was in a 1992 interview with a UK magazine called VOX. Sadly she seems very disconnected and emotionally vulnerable in the interview, and even goes so far as to imply that she has lost four.