View Single Post
Old 06-28-2007, 11:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori40 View Post
About 2 hours ago, Carol Ann Harris' book showed up on my doorstep. I think that it's probably a belated birthday present from my sister. For anyone who is interested, here's what I've learned so far, mind you, I have just skimmed through the book.

According to Carol Ann:
Lindsey was not too upset over his break up with Stevie
Carol Ann miscarried Lindsey's child
Lindsey twice asked Carol to marry him
Lindsey's music was always first in his life

I haven't read anything earth shattering, and I don't think that she portrays Lindsey as an abusive monster. There aren't a lot of pictures. They are all black and whites, and aren't the best quality, so I wouldn't buy this book for the pictures, if anyone was thinking about that. If anyone is interested, I can post a more complete review after I've read the book.
It makes one wonder, why there was such a hubbub about it being published. Rumor was that it was to have been published 10 years ago but was blocked.

It sounds pretty tame. Did anyone read that Sandra Haliburton book on Stevie? Pretty awful (IMO) I hope that this one is better. But like a dummy I pre-ordered it from Amazon to see the photos (I am such a guppie) and now I read that the photos aren't the best quality.

Damn you Carol Ann. Couldn't you have afforded a decent camera instead of an instamatic??? or a Polaroid Swinger?