Thread: I can't
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2003, 12:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Re: I can't

Quote:
Originally posted by Villavic
Time is one of the few albums I don't listen often. Hard to say but it is happening almost the same with Say you Will, I still don't "get" that album, I miss Chris a lot. To me it's like a mixing of 2 solo albums (LB & SN)
I've actually heard quite a few fans (and critics) say this. That 'Say You Will' sounds like two solo albums pieced together.

It's funny though, because I actually find 'SYW' to be far more cohesive than, say, 'Mirage' and 'Tusk.' Especially the latter.

Stevie's & Lindsey's (and Christine's) writing styles are so different, that I think there's always going to tend to be a bit of a fragmented feel to the albums.
Every album is truly going in three directions at once.

Apparently a lot of fans feel that the difference is all the more prominent now without Christine. She's considered to be the middle-ground between Stevie & Lindsey.

Oddly enough, I always felt Stevie was the middle-ground.
Her songs tend to be bittersweet, while Chris' are sweet, and Lindsey's are bitter (generally speaking).

So it must be another case of perception!

At any rate, Villavic... don't give up on 'Say You Will.' It just might grow on you.

If you're of the mind to, give this re-sequencing a try....
[list=1][*]What's The World Coming To[*]Say You Will[*]Bleed To Love Her[*]Thrown Down[*]Peacekeeper[*]Smile At You[*]Murrow Turning Over In His Grave[*]Illumé[*]Say Goodbye[*]Running Through The Garden[*]Miranda[*]Everybody Finds Out[*]Steal Your Heart Away[*]Silver Girl[*]Come[*]Destiny Rules[*]Red Rover[*]Goodbye Baby[/list=1]

Last edited by Johnny Stew; 12-13-2003 at 12:30 AM..