View Single Post
Old 05-24-2002, 12:17 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by sulamith
I remember reading somewhere that Lindsey was apprached to do the theme song for Ghostbusters right after doing Dancin' and HR, and he turned it down.
Then, the suits just got somebody to write something that had that LB sound (yeah, right), and the result was that horrible Ray Parker, Jr. song!

I know Lindsey could have done something killer-rocking with that! I wonder what his reason for turning it down was?
Anybody ever heard? Did FM get in the way?
Hey! I typed up what he said on the Words and Music CD about this...which I guess is the closest to knowing exactly why he didn't do the Ghostbusters song we're going to get.. I included what he said about Holiday Road right before it too...

Lindsey said:
"The 'Holiday Road' song for the movie vacation, we kind of put this thing down in the studio as a rough, and it was very rough compared to what it ended up being. We went up to the Warners offices, and they said, you know he was kinda 'oh.....well....ok let's go with it...ok.' You could tell he was not too sure about it. [laughs ] And then when we had worked on it and really gotten the melody out of it and got it down, he was really happy when he finally heard it. So, that was a nice situation that worked out very well. Ivan Reitman--I met not too much after that. He wanted me to try the Ghostbusters thing. But my attitude was 'well, you know, I don't want to get sort of loop-holed into this kinda thing. I mean, obviously we did it well once, I think, you know, at least for now, let's leave it at that.'"