View Single Post
Old 01-09-2003, 08:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile Marty

You're very welcome!

I just meant I hope me posting that PM doesn't cause you any problems as, even though I have read them and seem to understand them well, I wouldn't want to cross the line on the terms & conditions of the use of the ledge without realizing it.

Also, you never know who could be upset by such things. It seems pretty obvious (to me anyways) that some of the mickfleetwood.com people lurk here and I thought they may not take kindly to me passing this piece of truth along to the other fans here and would take it up with you (as I would imagine that if they wanted to make these facts "public" then they surely would have done so by now in some form so I was left to assume that they didn't want it posted. Maybe not, but it looks like they obviously feel that the number of fans of all non Rumours FM (minus Peter Green) is so small that they could handle getting their "feelings" on the matter out to those "few" people who ask about it by PMing them all seperately when they ask so they can keep up their facade on their site the way they want which will obviously include fleetwoodmac.com too since they/he will be running that too (if they even have a message board there). Naturally, they are entitled to that but as I'm sure many FM fans of ANY FM lineup/member(s) know, we have to wade through all of their fluffy talk just to get to the answers we seek and I decided to post this to make it easier for "those few" (in their minds) who were curious about it so they would know once and for all "how they feel" on this subject (as unfortunate as it is and even though it has been suspected upon for quite a while now, it is the confirmed, official truth). Though there is much "fluffiness" to wade through to get the answer here, at least it IS AN answer which is more than what has been "said" elsewhere about it in an "official" way).

Also, I have no problem with that/those official site(s) talking about BN (& PG) FM, that's great, BUT it's not EVERYTHING! ChiliD & I (and probably others) seem to have this stigma follow us that "as we like other FM lineups/members, that therefore means we don't like the BN lineup/members" and I don't know why some seem to think that because we never said it, meant it or whatever. We don't let it bother us because WE (and the others that fall in to this "category") know what we like and that's all that matters.

In addition, this is not my "idea of fun" as was also said earlier in this thread, I just wanted to go through the administrative process I needed to go through in order to feel that "I've been there, done that (etc.)". I KNEW either one of two things would happen:

1. No reply or...

2. (which admittedly was the more suprising of the two, not in what they said, but just that they replied) that they would say "well, tough, we're going to ignore that they existed anyways".

...and I prefer option 2 as now we know, fine, end of story, just don't know why they couldn't just come out and say it already, they'd save themselves a lot of time and effort being bugged by the "few" like me.

I guess I often worry about inadvertantly causing controversy when all I meant to do is pass on info and I just mean to take part/answer some threads here as how I see them (just as others here do) but I'm glad that it hasn't (or doesn't seem to have...) caused any problems for you (so far) and I hope it stays that way as well!

John

Last edited by wetcamelfood; 01-10-2003 at 03:28 PM..