View Single Post
Old 05-05-2017, 06:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I must be your twin. I have a 15 year mortgage which my banker talked me into...so glad I did it. Still have about 6 years to go though. I'm pretty much happy with my dog these days though I do socialize sometimes. But I lost my last dog at 3 and thought I would never get another. This time when he goes that will be the last. Too painful!!!
Some people just don't know how to manage their money. It's so easy. Live on 2/3 of what you make, and save the rest! Need a brand new car every year, and an I-phone, and doing everything first class? You might never retire. Pick your battles, and set money aside EVERY paycheck.

My last one...I had him while my Mom(I'm an only child) was dying of cancer. When she passed, he literally felt like ALL I had in this world. Then a year after she passed, he was diagnosed with cancer, too. It meant nothing coughing up 15K over two years, trying to save him(this is while I was paying off the astronomical mortgages), even though I was strapped trying to do it(got rid of cable, and went to the cheapest cell plan there was, cut every corner that was possible), but managed to pay it off over a couple years. He was the best. Simply the best. And I knew I could never replace him, and decided to never try. His ashes are in my safe, and to be combined with mine when I go...

And slowly I came out of my hermit shell, and became more of a social person.