View Single Post
Old 01-01-2020, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I think the Tusk deluxe is the best group release since — Tusk.

I’d like to be picky about two things:

—The live cuts from Wembley, Tucson, and Omaha are a live nut’s dream, but the seven cuts from St. Louis disappoint, mostly because we got that soundboard years ago but also because some of these choices were easily beaten by later performances (“Tusk,” for example, should have been taken from the Los Angeles shows with the Trojan Marching Band).
Couldn't agree with your assessment of the Tusk Deluxe release anymore if I tried. As a "live nut" myself, the tracks from those shows are simply amazing. I never knew or thought we'd get something like that at that point. The Chain, Rhiannon, Sara, and Go Your Own Way are simply amazing. I always thought The Chain peaked on the Mirage Video, but no, that performance from Wembley is by far the best released version of that song ever.

And speaking of Mirage...how awfully disappointing was the Mirage Deluxe release just rehashing the Mirage Video performances instead of giving us either an entire show or a cobbled together show like they did on Tusk Deluxe? After Tusk Deluxe, they **** the bed so bad on Mirage Deluxe that it isn't even funny.