View Single Post
Old 12-22-2018, 06:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
While I don't care for the RAL album, I really like the RAL demos. Can you imagine the ones we have not heard. For that reason alone, I would love to see a RAL deluxe release. RAL had huge potential but it was a losing battle.
Anyway, I remember at the time how excited I was to read who Stevie was working with during that year. But sadly few of them showed up on the album.
For the first time in ages, if ever, I just listened to it in its entirety. I disliked every song except for "Talk To Me" "I Can't Wait" and–to a certain extent–"Has Anyone Ever Written...." Basically, I really liked only two songs. To think she had better material that she left off is disappointing. I think this is where the firing of Jimmy Iovine proved itself to be a bad move.

The album is also way to synthesized. While Bella Donna also has a little too much synth (just a little), by contrast to RAL it sounds much more natural. Her model for a solo sound, Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, almost never used synths. They had to twist Benmont Tench's arm to get him to play it on "You Got Lucky."

Last edited by cbBen; 12-22-2018 at 06:37 AM..