View Single Post
Old 12-16-2018, 10:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sands of time View Post
Uh, it is abundantly clear that the Taku quote is commentary on Lindsey. It's also clear that the "positivity and camaraderie" is about as genuine as "Everything Is Awesome" from The Lego Movie.
I really didn't take it that way, but it is possible. However, of the 5 tours I've seen FM (Behind the Mask, the Dance, Say You Will, Greatest Hits, and the current one), I've never seen them as affectionate and genuinely happy as they are on this current tour. Christine and Stevie seemed really close, as did Neil and Christine and Neil and Stevie. And Mike seemed really close to Christine. Seeing Christine perform on stage like never before was inspiring to me. I don't think they're so happy and upbeat because Lindsey isn't there, but because Neil and Mike have clearly inspired them. That may sound like semantics to some people, but I really believe that's why this tour may be different. If Taku was saying the positivity was due to Lindsey's absence, well he has the right to say that, too. It's his perception/opinion, after all. But I really don't think that's what he meant.