View Single Post
Old 12-13-2018, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm listening to everything everyone has posted, and wonder whether have a different standard for what qualifies as "falsetto."

One person's falsetto is another person's "singing a high part." On "Goodbye Baby" and "Silver Springs" I hear the latter but not the former. I hear neither on "Rooms Of Fire" (I might just be missing it).

Also, Stevie does this thing where she quivers her voice (often wordlessly) that some are perhaps characterizing as falsetto but to my ear is still in a lower pitch. So maybe that's where some of my confusion originates.

So I'd really appreciate some feedback on this standard, so if anyone has a clear standard to suggest I'm all ears.

But since it may be subjective, could you please chime in on this great 1975 version of "Landslide"?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK2HAfb3rC0

Just vote yes or no (but feel free to explain) as to whether you consider each of the below points of the song to be "falsetto" or not. It's a great version, so you'll enjoy it regardless.

Many thanks.

point 1: 0:42-0:43 (snow covered hills)
point 2: 1:52:-1:55 (oh)
point 3: 1:58-2:01 (oh)
point 4: 2:47-2:48 (take my love)
point 5: 3:26-3:29 last line (no no the landslide will bring you down)

Last edited by cbBen; 12-13-2018 at 01:03 PM..