View Single Post
Old 08-09-2018, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

OMG
I cant believe writing a post about the obvious would lead to such a wild response accusing me of an agenda, promoting a false narrative, and even more surprising being disrespectful. Huh?
Some of you are very brash writers in this forum. That is not usually me.
Lets clear things up if I can but sadly truth does not matter these days. People believe alternative facts because their feelings tell them so.
So lets stick to 100% indisputable facts.
First me pushing an agenda. I am not seeing this upcoming Mac tour and went on the record about it. I was one of the more vocal writers around here when Lindsey was fired. The band is in my town on my birthday and I am not going. Nothing would make me happier than to see the upcoming tour a complete failure. So all you wild cats out there thinking I am cheering for a successful tour are wrong and all of my statements over the past year are consistent on this. I used to take the flames on this board for not even calling Finn by his name and called him the "Crowded House guy."
Next....I have scanned Ticketmaster out of curiosity and the sales are not fantastic but brisk and well above average and see signs of full or near sold out arenas by concert day. Oh how dare I saw this. Off with my head!
Now the most obvious part is Stevie doing her mini solo stuff on stage. Stevie just had her most successful solo tour selling out arenas everywhere. HELLO people. These fans will be at the show. Every Mac tour Stevie has participated in did pretty good. She kept the fans there in 1987 when Lindsey left and she kept the fans there after Say You Will when Christine left. This is why Mick picked Stevie over Lindsey. Oh gosh I said that too. Off with my head! How dare I go there! And so disrespectful to say it. Next point is falsely comparing this upcoming tour to OWTS. Not right to do because that tour was the reuniting of the 5 Rumours era members just like the Dance was. Would it not be a better comparison to 1987 or 2012-2013? Of course it would. How dare I point out the obvious again.

For anyone to say the tour wont be successful is wrong and not living in reality. Case in point. We just went through this 2 years ago with Stevie's 24k Gold tour. Read the posts on here. We all mocked the pre-sale, and constantly posted photos Ticketmaster blue dots in arenas. I was on that bandwagon how no one cared about 24k Gold and no way she could fill arenas anymore. You see, I am strong enough to admit when I was wrong. And I was 100% wrong.

I know there is still anger about Lindsey's firing but you cant let it warp your common sense. I still cant believe American Idol was a successful TV show. But just because I don't believe it does not make it true. This upcoming tour ticket prices are certainly more expensive than Unleashed and at this point the sales are similar to Unleashed. Unleashed made a ton of money even cancelling Montreal and South Florida due to poor ticket sales. If my memory is correct, Unleashed finished in the top 10 concert gross for the year.

There is nothing to debate especially since the tour has not even started yet. There is no disrespect of anyone. Some take things way too personal. However you are entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts. The Stand Back crowd will be there in all their glory. And yes believe it or not, its still a very large group

Last edited by Macfan4life; 08-10-2018 at 11:39 AM..