View Single Post
Old 08-03-2018, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I don't know whether it was "no matter what," but she's always been so close to Mike that her wanting him to join seems totally understandable. I can't believe that she intended to oust Lindsey. It seems more reasonable to assume that she wanted to add Mike in part to provide personal support, to balance out the serious-minded, sometimes abrasive Lindsey. When you have to spend time with someone you annoys you or overwhelms you, you tend to want an advocate by your side. It's like going to see a doctor—bring a family member or a friend so that you won't get swamped by a demanding personality telling you what to do.

What doesn't seem quite so understandable
  • Why didn't she just bring Mike into her solo fold? Stevie Nicks works as often as (if not more than) Fleetwood Mac. Alternatively, Stevie could have asked Mike to join her full time in Stevie Nicks, and then quit Fleetwood Mac.
  • Why didn't she also push to bring in Benmont? She's as close to Benmont as she is to Mike (which is to say very close musically and personally)?
Perhaps that was a little bit too severe, saying she wanted Mike in no matter what but to me it did seem so very premeditated on her part. But I agree with you exactly why not bring Mike and Benmont into her solo band....?