Thread: Dreams covers
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Eve's Burden on Dreams (Country Version)

https://www.prbuzz.com/entertainment...cs-dreams.html

P.R. Buzz Press Release

Eve's Burden releases new country version of Fleetwood Mac's Dreams

(PRBuzz.com) August 28, 2013 -- Those of you who know me well realize my favorite unsung heroes are a group from California called Eve's Burden.

EVE'S BURDEN is a group which can successfully blur the line between genres blending rock, country and soul into one homogeneous delicacy.

Already receiving much critical acclaim for their first release "The Black Letter"... EVE'S BURDEN sets out on yet another voyage into the pop music world with their up coming new album "A Checkered Past"

With a sound that has been compared to the likes of, Melissa Etheridge meets Janis Joplin and Led Zeppelin.

I recently had a chance to speak with Singer Sharon Jordan and guitar player / producer Jerry Leal about their latest single, an alternative country style remake of the classic hit song from the 70's by Fleetwood Mac and Stevie Nicks called "Dreams."

Jerry invited me down to his studio in California because he knew I would be chomping at the bit for anything new from this group. Their first album "The Black Letter" was great but the only thing I could compare it to was a modernized sound inspired by Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Janis Joplin and Santana with a heavy funky edge to it. This was completely different! Let me first state that Fleetwood Mac was once my favorite band. I remember seeing them long ago when they were a British blues band with guitarist Peter Green. Jeremy Spencer would dress up like Elvis Presley while Mick Fleetwood did a drum solo with his bare hands till he literally passed out and fell off the drum stool (that is how the show ended). After they added Lindsey Buckingham, Christine McVie and Stevie Nicks to the line up they left the blues behind and the sound became much more pop music oriented.

I was blown away when I heard the Eve's Burden country version of "Dreams." Unlike the original it has a groovy upbeat feel to it. That is probably why so many radio stations are already playing this cut. Here are the highlights from the interview with Jerry Leal and Sharon Jordan.

LMN - Jerry: I'll have to admit it took me by surprise, why did you pick the song "Dreams" JL - "As you know my style of writing is much more complex than just 2 chords, I just do not have the patience to write a song without some complex changes. Maybe that's why we've never had a big hit. So instead I looked for a cover song that was a hands down hit song but also a very simple one made popular by a female singer. "Dreams" by Stevie Nicks fit the bill perfectly."

LMN- Sharon: Most famous singers of your caliber just don't have the soul you can deliver, it's like they are all technique and no feeling. Your voice is usually so powerful and bluesy yet you do such a great job of delivering this song in a country pop style, why the big change? SJ- "We all agreed the vocals should not jump right out and slap you in the face like most of our other stuff. After all it was already a gigantic hit so there's nothing to prove. We just decided to let the song do the work. I'm really not a pop singer anyhow but I am "country" at heart."

LMN-Jerry: Was it difficult to make the switch from your rock and metal music roots to country? JL-"For me it did take some adjusting. This song is rooted in acoustic rock, that is not my normal thing. As for Sharon's vocal, we usually try to take the twang out of her voice but this time we just left it in and like she said she is "country" at heart. Her mother's maiden name was Jordan and her father's last name is Jordan, It don't get no more country than that !"

LMN-Jerry: This song is not americana or traditional country, it has a great driving feel to it. How did you accomplish that? JL-" Lots of tambourines. More cowbell! (laughs) No really the pedal steel guitar, piano and acoustic guitar do all the driving. The drums and bass just lay down a solid groove and of course I could not resist playing a few of my signature lead guitar licks."

LMN-Sharon : What are your expectations for this new single? SJ-"Heavy main stream and college radio airplay! PLEASE!"

LMN-In my humble opinion "Dreams" by "Eve's Burden" is a no-brainer radio hit for both pop and modern country radio stations to add to their playlist!

Listeners can go here to preview and download the single: http://cdbaby.com/cd/evesburden3

Radio stations can request a free copy by sending an email to: prs@pyramidrecording.net

Good luck guys and great Job! "Eve's Burden" features... Sharon Jordan on Vocals, Jerry Leal on guitar, Rik Willmitch on bass, Joel Solis on drums and Zack Kircorian on Keys "Dreams" features Jordan Rosen on pedal steel guitar with Scott Abels on percussion. Lucky Daye of "Lucky's New Music Blog"