View Single Post
Old 11-04-2023, 11:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Even if John said he just wasn’t interested? How would that be different than when FM recorded Say You Will without Christine?
How would it be different? I'm not sure I can answer. Christine wanted to be a part-time member after The Dance.
If it was that John wanted to tour but not record, I'd say there is no difference than the SYW example you gave. I say all this lovingly and I respect your point. Fleetwood Mac is Mick and John, not Mick, Stevie, Al Ortiz and Lindsey Buckingham. That's how I feel.

Now 2018 FM, I went to see and said to friends I was going to see FM but I saw that more as a tribute tour than anything else because there was no new music made with Neil and Mike performed on that tour. Mike and Neil were playing 30 year old FM songs they had nothing to do with the recording of. Tango and BTM tours were legitimate FM tours that weren't tribute tours because those of those had the band playing new songs, advancing with a new sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I could see your point if they excluded John for some reason. But if it was his decision to not join them? Stevie chose not to join them to record Buck/Vie, but no one says Christine and Lindsey shouldn’t have recorded that album, and I agree.
But LBCM isn't a Fleetwood Mac album, it was titled LBCM - whose choice was that? Azoff? HK/SL Management?

If John didn't want to join them, then fine call it Fleetwood Mac for business purpose but have a statement from John in the tour announcement stating his decision not to tour and then have Lindsey's sample guy use the computer with John's recorded bass parts