View Single Post
Old 12-14-2014, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have strong feelings on this. I think in film history there's never been a great film on the music business. This shouldn't be a biopic, this should be about the band. How they came together, how they drifted apart....there's a great article about how it was making Tusk, the time when everyone had their own entourages and it would be hard to talk to each other. This shouldn't be a Rumours only thing...but should take us through a few decades. Ending with either The Dance or Lindsey coming onstage to play Landslide with Stevie and Christine. Songs should be featured, probably having the actors lip-synch. But there should also be new arrangements, particularly instrumental or piano so it's not just song after song after song. It would also be a good chance to highlight lesser known songs: I'm think Why and Storms for sure. There's potential, but it needs to be in the right hands with a good director who's given freedom by the band to tell a genuine and compelling story...not whitewashing (I want to see the Tango fight, getting physical), not making **** up (the material is inherently dramatic).