View Single Post
Old 11-06-2016, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
No, definitely not her fault but I've heard he's been quite bitchy about her at various times over the years. Not sure what their true relationship is like (if anything) these days.

I wonder about her departure from Chicken Shack; how legit was the whole 'leaving to become a housewife' thing that she's always maintained? With Chris being so down to earth I'm sure it was mostly true. However I wonder if perhaps there was some encouragement by Mike Vernon (for example) for her to leave and pursue a career as a solo artist. I mean, she had a lot of potential to be big.
From what I remember reading, Chicken Shack were about to commence their first tour of America. John had toured America with FM several times and didn't think it was suitable or safe enough for his wife to go there without him. So she quit as the band that was about to try to conquer the states. Christine was persuaded to go out on her own only after "I'd Rather Go Blind" became a hit--and she'd already left the band by then.

Then, Stan and the boys came out with another album and a single that flopped.