View Single Post
Old 01-24-2021, 10:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
No. I was pretty clearly saying that her career was in a very different place in 2017 than where it was in 2007.
But you use the words "pretty clearly" and that was mean. There's no need to be condescending to me when all I asked for was help to understand why 2007 was different than 2017. Because to me, Stevie was a legend in 2007 and was a legend in 2017. I don't know why you feel the need to be abusive.

And I'll share with you that my view is that Stevie's hitmaking resume didn't change from 2007 to 2017. 2001 was the last time she had a record that sold really well and got a lot of play on a cable music channel, VH1.

And if we're talking about a change in venues from 2007 to 2017, the 24 Tour did have a shared billing, just like the CV Tour did.
The Pretenders got an hour or so, which is the same time Chris Isaak got. Their name was printed on the ticket. They got heavy video mention in the tour commercials. I'll bet this will be pleasing to you: Lindsey solo, Mick solo, or John solo - all individuals who released solo music - could not fill those venues - except Lindsey who did fill the Sands Event Center that Stevie played on 24 Tour.

When Stevie did a Summer/Fall run of the 24 Tour alone, she played a State Fair, 2 nights at a picnic venue in a Chicago suburb, B/C/D Market facilities in Saint Charles, MO, Green Bay, and Youngstown, OH. I think Vanessa Carlton might've been the opening act.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
If people don’t know who is in Fleetwood Mac, that they’re going to shows because Fleetwood Mac is a massive brand, that they’re going to hear the big hits, then why would the 94-95 band be opening act/packaged tour material but a different lineup was selling out arenas two years later?
I think one answer would be promotion. Was 94/95 marketed as aggressively as the 97 tour?
But to borrow your position that Stevie's selling power changed from 2007-2017 because of AHS and whatever else you mentioned. Couldn't FM ticket sales benefit from the AHS, Glee, Guitar Hero, GYOW in commercials even without Stevie in the lineup?