View Single Post
Old 01-24-2021, 01:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Are you staying Stevie was starting out her career again in 2007?
No. I was pretty clearly saying that her career was in a very different place in 2017 than where it was in 2007.

Quote:
I don't understand why you mentioned 1967 to 1977. That's a red herring because it's a career beginning;
Not at all a red herring. There was a cogent, relevant point, namely that a lot can change in a career over the span of a decade. In 1967, Stevie was unknown. Ten years later, she was one of the most famous women in the world. In 2007, Stevie was touring with Chris Isaak. Ten years later, she was headlining an arena tour and Chris Isaak has fallen off the face of the Earth.

However, how Dave Grohl referred to Stevie is almost never relevant to any discussion and is the epitome of a red herring. Madonna, Cher, and Tina Turner are generally red herrings in the discussion of Fleetwood Mac. Who cares about them? They weren’t in Fleetwood Mac.

Quote:
What does 1994-5 Fleetwood Mac have to do with a fantasy FM with no Stevie?
If people don’t know who is in Fleetwood Mac, that they’re going to shows because Fleetwood Mac is a massive brand, that they’re going to hear the big hits, then why would the 94-95 band be opening act/packaged tour material but a different lineup was selling out arenas two years later? I mean, if people don’t know who’s in the band and are only going for the songs, why would it matter who was in the band? But, apparently it did.

Quote:
Please don't respond offensively. Thank you.
How you interpret the tone of my post isn’t my responsibility. There are no personal attacks in my post.

THE Stephen Hopkins