View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
You know, I've always been a Fleetwood mac fan. After their heyday, I've always thought that lindsey kept developping outside and inside FM in a more interesting way than Stevie did. From the moment I joined The Ledge I was flabbergasted about the tribes over here, and before I knew it, the so called Chiffons did such a defensive appeal on me that I found myself in a camp.
It seems to me that all message boards turn out that way. I think the Twilight movies coined the phrase "Team X" and "Team Y" but it seems like it's been that divisive way for 20 years now on the internet. And I agree with what you said about being pushed.

There's a reflexive push back. I thought I was neutral, but online supporters can make you feel you really dislike a character or performer, when what you really dislike are their fans.

Which is not to say that's what happened with me and Twilight. I just really, really hated Jacob all along, based on Stephenie Meyer's frustrating saga. His fans didn't drive me to it.

Michel