View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 08:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SortaSavageLike View Post
I've never understood the conceit, held by some, that every Mac tune needs to be so lushly produced that it sounds like it's emerging from the mists of Shangri-La... or something like that. There's nothing objectively wrong with them being sloppy, rough, or hard-edged every now and then, even if it means deviating from expectations (oooh, scary!).
I don't disagree with you. I just think that people expressing disappointment that they didn't do it this one time is kinda like... what did you expect?

To get to your point. Lindsey made Under the Skin because he wanted to make an album in the style of The Dance versions Big Love and Go Insane because of the incredible response they get from audiences. AND UNDER THE SKIN is what he came up with?!?! (The closest studio song to those two songs would be Bel Air Rain.) This is what they do. It just is. That's why I wish they had more Live albums -- or would even do an Unplugged session. Not in place of their perfectionist studio productions, but as complimentary performances.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.