View Single Post
Old 07-17-2023, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I have posted this before but for weeks on chart and most weeks in the top 10 (if that is your calculation of a pop hit) then Hold Me is the Mac's biggest hit. Dreams raced to #1 and then fell rather swiftly. It was only in the top 10 for a few weeks. Hold me was at #4 for 7 weeks which is longer than Dreams was in the top 10. It was blocked by the #1 spot by Eye of the Tiger and Abracadabra. Hurts So Good was also locked at #2 and spent 16 weeks in the top 10. So in ways it blocked Hold Me's rise. BTW, Hurts So Good still holds the record for most weeks in the top 10.
Hold Me raced up the chart with a bullet and got locked within the top 5 for 2 months. I think it it was released a month earlier it would have easily been a #1 song.
One last statistic: Hold Me finished 1982 as a bigger hit than Dreams did in 1977 (weeks on the chart).

I do remember you posting this at some point. Someone posted this chart on FB which made me think.. "Whoa! this hit climbed fast."

Hold Me is really a special song. Not just because it's mainly BuckVie, but, because it's Fleetwood Mac. doing Fleetwood Mac.
Anyone know where it entered? At what number?