View Single Post
Old 01-18-2019, 11:59 PM
Senior Ledgie

It was a hard pick between Seven Wonder and Isn't It Midnight. I really appreciate Seven Wonders at a slower pace with a sparser music arrangement. It's almost more atmospheric that way and I really like Stevie's vocal here, there's some emotion that comes through when she says "again" at the end of the chorus when its slowed down. I also LOVE listening to it on a stereo because you can distinctly hear Christine and Lindsey in the different channels.

However, Isn't It Midnight is the bomb no matter what form its in. I can't say I prefer it to it's album arrangement (the farting keyboard on the verses is pretty lame), but its interesting hearing a moody synth version of the song and the more natural, slower vocal. These two things create a whole different vibe that's just so neat to listen to. Christine's harmonizing with herself on the chorus is also cool to hear. The keyboard solo is nice too, though it pales to Lindsey's stellar guitar playing on the album cut.

Juliet, the alternate Mystified, and Ricky hurt my ears though .

"The face of a pretty girl x1,000,000" -Isn't It Midnight (The song that got me into Christine McVie)

"The sun is bright, but not too bright to see. When the darkness comes you've got to fly into the light." -Doing What I Can (The song that got me into Lindsey Buckingham)

"I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain" -The Chain (The song that got me into Fleetwood Mac)