View Single Post
Old 03-18-2014, 01:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy Welch View Post
but one correction, Bob was in the band for five years, not three, and Christine just joined the band the year before. He wrote and sang 1/2 the songs on five albums and played guitar and sang backup on all the songs on those five albums. What's wrong with this picture?
Sorry Wendy, but Bob was only in Fleetwood Mac from summer 1971 through December 31, 1974. That's 3.5 years by my math. He did not sing 1/2 the songs on all of the albums he was on. It wasn't until Mystery To Me that he became the primary writer, and even then, Christine still had four songs on the albums. Also, I don't understand why Christine joining the band a year before (although, she'd been playing with them in the studio since 1968) is less important. They could have easily done a record with that band just based on what they were playing at that time, that got nixed after Jeremy quit. Christine's presence was in full force when Bob joined.

Did Bob get screwed in 1998? Yep. Will having him inducted now change anything? Nope. Realistically, if he gets inducted, he won't even get mentioned. They'd just silently tag him on to Fleetwood Mac. At this point, that's a fool's errand. If you want to fight for Bob's legacy, get his era's songs on iTunes and insist on keeping his legacy alive within Fleetwood Mac. People won't and don't care about the Hall. Hell, many of the inductees don't care about the Hall. The most important thing to focus on is Bob's body of work.

THE Stephen Hopkins