View Single Post
Old 08-21-2017, 11:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My apologies, as I know this thread is a few months old now, but I had to offer my bit of love for Out of the Cradle.

I've recently broken up with my boyfriend of 5 years, graduated college, moved out, and started my career. Appropriately, I've found myself coming back to this masterpiece of an album. In what seems to be a kind of wasteland of music - the early 90s, a timeless gem emerged. Not only is it artistically intricate - including beautiful interludes and instrumentals, lyrics that cut to the core of a person's psyche, guitar solos that you felt in your stomach; OOTC truly showed off his ability to craft a beautiful pop song.

OOTC is an experience. Within the span of an hour you can dance ("Wrong"), cry ("Street of Dreams"), and look towards the future ("Soul Drifter."). Side note: Soul Drifter is one of the few songs in existence that without fail always puts a smile on my face. It makes my heart happy on the most basic level.

It's an album that to me, defines the very person that Lindsey is. It is his phoenix album, his rebirth, and I am just oh so thankful that we have it to listen to for years and years to come.

SN: 4/6/11
I met my angel: 3/31/09