View Single Post
Old 10-24-2019, 06:47 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:

my phone rang and I had met Mick once or twice at sessions or whatever but we weren’t like friends or anything. He said hi, how you doing, Lindsey has left the band… it’s what he told me, I didn’t know that he was asked to leave …

so he says would you be interested in joining Fleetwood Mac? He said this is not coming from Stevie, it’s coming from me and I have been listening to your catalogue and this is not an audition, if you want it, we would love to have you.
I said give me a day to think about it.
I thought over the whole Lindsey aspect of it and thought, this is a good thing. So I called back and said yeah
I don't buy he didn't know. If Lindsey left of his own free will, what "Whole Lindsey aspect" would he need to think about before deciding?

I also don't buy for a minute Stevie hadn't likely already been at Mike, hence Mick saying, this isn't Stevie, this is me asking.

That's just my take on it, TPATH was a brotherhood, & it's pretty anti rock n roll "bro-code" to take the lifelong gig of your supposed friend whom you respect, if he just got ****-canned
(for no good reason that I can see at this late stage in the game).

Doesn't make you look like the solidly cool dude you have always seemed to be, does it? Now THAT would be something to think about, IMO.

As far as the rest, I don't think Neil or Mike EVER considered themselves continuing FM members.
We can all break down forever " 💔